If you’ve noticed a change in your air conditioning system, you’re probably wondering if you should call an air conditioning repair service. Here are six signs you should schedule an HVAC Repair Service.
- High Energy Bill: Your energy costs have skyrocketed. If you’ve suddenly noticed higher bills, your air conditioner could have a faulty component that is making it inefficient. When this happens, other parts of the cooling system have to work harder to compensate, which takes up more energy and produces higher bills.
- Excessive Cycling: Your unit cycles on and off excessively. If you’ve become aware of excessive cycling, the thermostat could have a problem. Another reason for excessive cycling is more hot air seeping in or cool air escaping. A professional will know what to look for to get to the root of the problem.
- Warmer than usual: You’ve noticed that the air from your unit is warmer than in the past. You should have the system evaluated because it could need replacement.
- Circuit Breakers: Your air conditioner trips your circuit breakers. You could have an electrical issue if this is happening. Don’t use the unit again until you have a professional evaluation.
- Odors: You hear strange noises or smell unusual odors from the unit. Foul odors indicate mold growth or a wiring issue. Odd sounds indicate an issue with a component.
- Water Damage: Water is leaking from the unit. This points to a clog in the condensate drain line.
The professionals at Wayne Price Heating & Air Conditioning would be happy to take a look at your air conditioning system. Please contact us or stop by to find out more.