No matter what the season, your heating and air system is of great value to your home. The last thing you want to worry about is it breaking down. In order to avoid suffering through the heat without AC, or freezing without heat during the winter, contact Wayne Price Heating And Air Conditioning to perform your seasonal heating and air conditioning maintenance. Below is a list of the items that need serviced.
- Check thermostat settings: a properly working thermostat is key to keeping your home comfortable and your electric bill low;
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors: if something is loose, this will cause your system to malfunction;
- Check and inspect the condensate drain in your central air conditioner, furnace and/or heat pump;
- Check controls of the system to ensure proper and safe operation;
- Check your central air conditioner’s refrigerant level: proper amounts of refrigerant are key to the AC cooling properly; and
- Clean and adjust blower components.
The above listed maintenance items are important to maintaining your heating and air systems. The best time to schedule this maintenance is before the season gets into full swing; this way, any major problems are taken care of before it gets too hot, or cold outside. In addition to these above listed items, you can make sure to change, or inspect your air filter. A clogged air filter will cause your appliance to run ineffectively. A technician would be happy to assist you with this maintenance as well.
For more information on heating and air conditioning maintenance, please contact us.