Your HVAC had a lot to do over the summer, from keeping you cool to filtering tons of pollen and thriving insect populations. Now, leaves are falling and the temperature is slowly dropping, and there’s a perfect window of time for HVAC maintenance, as well as a necessary time before the cold months for HVAC inspection.
It’s important to keep your filters cleaned and/or changed, but there’s a lot more to consider with HVAC maintenance and inspection, especially in the fall:
- Ensure registers are free from obstructions, such as furniture.
- Ensure nothing flammable is stored near your HVAC unit.
- Ensure registers are pointed in directions for optimal heating.
- Ensure summer gear is stored, and there’s a clear pathway to your HVAC unit.
- Ensure you have carbon monoxide detectors, and the batteries are fresh.
It’s also important to schedule HVAC inspection with a professional to make sure your heating is working properly: before the cold months come. HVAC professionals will:
- Check your interior and exterior system for any problems, and make repairs as needed.
- Adjust and repair any loose wire and bolts.
- Check for obstructions inside your vents.
- Inspect and identify the source of any unusual sounds coming from your furnace or vents.
- Clean and adjust the water panel of your furnace humidifier for optimal functioning.
Keeping your HVAC maintained during the critical seasons of Fall and Spring will drastically increase the life of your HVAC unit. Professional maintenance can also save you from costly, extensive repairs that occur as a result of neglecting smaller, simpler repairs that could have been fixed quickly and with minimal cost. After Fall HVAC inspection, always pay attention to any unusual sounds or changes in functioning from your HVAC unit during the winter, and always have any concerns professionally inspected and addressed immediately.
To schedule Professional Fall HVAC maintenance and inspection in the Waxahachie, TX area, contact us today.